IAMI Certified Marine Investigator (CMI) Home
The IAMI Certified Marine Investigator designation is limited to IAMI Members who have experience and/or training in a wide range of areas including, but not limited to,
- the detection, prevention and investigation of boat and related thefts,
- adjusting boat related insurance claims,
- marine surveying,
- admiralty law as it relates to recreational boating,
- cause and origin of fires,
- marine insurance policy interpretation,
- accident reconstruction,
- matters related to hull construction and the operation and,
- repair of motors, etc.
Certified Marine Investigator's will have the experience and training, in addition to their own area(s) of expertise, to bring a new dimension and insight into their respective fields of endeavor.