| UPCOMING TRAINING EVENTS!
IAMI International Association of Marine Investigators objectives, as stated in its constitution and bylaws:
- Provide marine theft investigative training.
- Develop & disseminate educational materials to conduct marine investigations.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of marine investigations & related investigative activities.
- Promote the application, prevention and suppression of the following but not limited to: marine crime, vessel accident prevention/investigation, environmental protection, marine drug smuggling, cargo crime and boating safety issues.
- Unite for the mutual benefit of those persons who are eligible for membership.
- Accumulate & disseminate information of interest to all members.
- Eliminate all factors that interfere with the administration of justice.
- Operate as a non-profit organization.
- Appropriate no funding for political lobbying.
IAMI offers annual and regional conferences to further the training and knowledge of investigators working in the marine environment throughout the world.
Founded in 1986 when Major Dave MacGillis, of the Florida Marine Patrol, organized and published the Vessel Theft Investigators National Roster. This roster was intended to assist investigators combat marine crime, a high profit, low risk crime that was out of control, by providing contact persons from various agencies involved in marine theft investigations.
In 1989, the first three-day training seminar was held in New Orleans, LA. The following year, 1990,
the National Association of Marine Investigators (NAMI) was formed. As NAMI grew, our membership increased both nationally and internationally. In 1994, the organization went International. In 1996, IAMI-Europe was established. We are represented by marine professionals from all over the world. Whether your case is local or a county away, IAMI members are ready to lend a hand. Worldwide networking is one of the best benefits of IAMI.
IAMI MISSION STATEMENT
The International Association of Marine Investigators mission: To develop and provide high levels of training to law enforcement, insurance investigators, and other marine professionals. Working and training together with both public and private sectors, to combat marine theft, arson, fraud, and other criminal activity in the marine environment.
For over 60 years, Stearns® has outfitted many of the world’s best
rescue crews, first responders and law enforcement agencies. From assisting the
Coast Guard in development of approval standards to making water safety more comfortable,
the Stearns® brand has been rooted in conquering uncharted waters. Our products
boast the "Made in the USA” seal of approval. A proud member and supporter of IAMI for over 20 years.
Strategic Account Manger
Government & Industrial
3600 N. Hydraulic Road
Wichita, KS 67219
Vendors - Click Here to make your payment for the 2017 Savannah, Georgia Annual Training Seminar. Please submit a brief Mission Statement and company Logo in jpg format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2016 Membership Year
August 1, 2016 thru July 31, 2017
2016 Membership Renewal Invoices have been emailed to all members.
If you have not received yours, please check your spam folder or
contact IAMI Headquarters.
Visit IAMI on Twitter at: IAMItweet1
IAMI's 27th Annual Training Seminar
IAMI Sponsor Acknowledgements
(Click on logo for sponsor information)